Sunday, October 3, 2010

Surrendering Control

Well, on Thursday night I met up with the new tenant after work, and handed over the keys!

It was a bittersweet feeling.  It felt odd walking away, while she stayed there taking measurements and checking things out.  All night I had this odd feeling that I hadn't locked the door behind me.  Which of course was true, since the tenant was still in the condo, and it was her door to lock, not mine!

I can't help but feel that I should get in contact with the tenant to find out how things are going, if everything is as she expected, if she's encountered any issues, etc.  I almost feel like I have a guest staying in my house, and I have to ensure I'm a good host.  But I do know that I have to respect her space, and just let her be.

I think I know how my mother must have felt when I moved away to University!!  How do you know when to let go, and what the right amount of contact is, in order to be appreciated?

No comments:

Post a Comment