Sunday, March 25, 2012

Out with the Old!

On Friday night, Matt picked up our brand new "Tall Bed Frame" from West Elm, and today we finally assembled it.  It is at least a few inches taller than our old Ikea Malm bed frame, and we already love how different the room feels with it in there.  It somehow feels classier and I might even go so far as to say more mature!  The headboard is still at Matt's parents, but we'll get that soon too.

Yesterday I posted our Malm headboard and night tables on Craigslist and Kijiji.  I was very honest, mentioning that we'd added bolts along one side where the rail was coming away from the bed frame, and that some of the veneer had split.  I even posted pictures of the problems.  But lo and behold, we still had TONS of interest, and tonight we had the buyers come and take it all away.  I almost thought it wasn't going to happen - the buyers showed up in a small little Kia, with a bunch of stuff in the trunk and 2 passengers plus the driver.  I don't know HOW they did it, but they got all the pieces in that little car!

I really love how great Craigslist and Kijiji are for getting rid of old things!  And I guess it goes both ways, since I bought our "new" night tables from Kijiji too.

On that note, I also sprayed the inside of the drawers this weekend.   It just felt way too personal using other people's night tables.  So I felt like we needed a fresh clean surface in the drawers before we start putting our own beloved books and keepsakes in the drawers.

I think I'm now finally ready for them to come inside!


Now I just have to find some pulls!


No comments:

Post a Comment