Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring is in the air!

Weather in Toronto has been unseasonably mild and snowless all winter this year.  Sunday was no exception.  The temperature got up to about 16 degrees Celsius and it was sunny all day, it was amazing!   Sunday also happened to be the day we switched the clocks forward, and lost an hour.  But Matt and I had a VERY productive day despite that.

We woke up early and had a nice brunch with about 16 of our closest friends and family members.  Most of them were headed to the St. Patrick's Day parade, but we had other ideas for how to spend the first warm, sunny day of the year.

On the way home from brunch, we stopped into West Elm and ordered our bed frame!  We should be in business with a new bed in about 2 weeks.  I can't wait to have our new headboard in place once and for all.

Then we came home and I got to work on our night tables that we bought off Kijiji back in December.  The spraypaint cans all specify that the temperature must be above 10 degrees outside in order for it to dry properly, so I've been waiting for a suitable day for months.



I decided to use spraypaint instead of regular paint for a few reasons: lower cost, faster, and a smoother finish.  I was able to complete both tables with just one can of primer and two cans of colour.


I am already happy with the results!



I have yet to choose drawer pulls.  And I'm now debating spraying the inside of the drawers too.  Is it just me, or is a night table a very personal thing?  I'm a bit uncomfortable using someone else's night table for my own personal items.  So I'm thinking that spraying them with a fresh coat on the inside might rectify that concern?

While we left them out to dry, Matt and I also went for our first bike ride of the year.  I thought it'd be just a nice leisurely ride around the neighbourhood.  But we ended up riding for 2 hours, and covered lots of territory: the lake, High Park, and Bloor Street West.  No matter where we went, there were tons of happy, smiley people enjoying the day and marvelling at the weather.

The waterfront in our end of town has a great view of the city skyline.

We ended the day with a nice dinner with family at a long-time favourite restaurant, Grazie.

It was a jam-packed, fulfilling 23-hour day!

1 comment:

  1. The night tables look fab! You'll have to do another post once you pick the pulls! I always drool over the ones at Anthro, wishing I had some furniture to attach them to. So jealous of your warm Toronto weather. There's still snow on the ground in S'toon :(

    ReplyDelete