Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A 2-foot addition

There's really no excuse for taking what - 4? 5? months away from this blog.  It's definitely not for a shortage of things to say!  In fact, there are so many posts I'd like to share, that if I can get my act together, you can expect a whole slew of posts over the next few weeks.

But you see, I've been a little distracted over the past little while, as we've been preparing for an addition to our house.  A 2-foot addition.



Doesn't sound like much, right?  Why would anyone add 2 feet to their house?  Well, truth be told, this addition will not ADD space, but rather, will probably take up a LOT of space.  Because my friends, the additional 2 feet are coming in the form of a baby - I am due in February!  We announced this to our family and friends much in the same way as I just told you, and attached a copy of the "rendering", which of course was the ultrasound picture.

I'm a whole range of emotions about this - mostly thrilled and excited, but also terrified and anxious.  We've definitely got some learning to do!  We've also got lots of adapting to do.  Our little house has been perfect for the 2 of us, but I can't imagine how it will feel once our new roommate gets here with all his/her stuff!!

We've been busy trying to choose products like strollers, nursery furniture, nursery paint colours, etc.  We've also been making a mad dash to finish our built-in office in the basement, which was already too long in the making, but now is of particular priority!  Moving everything OUT of the old office (which will now be the nursery) has also been a big project, and we suddenly feel like we have WAY too much stuff, and the baby is not even here yet.

I am SO excited for what lies ahead.  I am also happy to say that I have been feeling great (which I know brings us back to the question of where I have been for the past few months!?).

And on that note, I hope to now return to regular scheduled programming!  (And no, I promise not to make it all baby baby baby.... there are already tons of blogs out there that do that so well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment